This is where you should find the answers to the most common questions regarding our program.
Please Scroll Down to Read This Entire Page
Our player commitment, injury and non-refund policies…
- Once your child qualifies for a particular HRHS Gold Crown team you have 48 hours to accept your child’s roster spot. If we do not here from you within 48 hours, we will release your child roster spot to a different student-athlete.
- We want to put a competitive product on the court that understands our basketball system. We certainly understand that many players are multiple sport athletes, and that cross training is actually beneficial to many sports, playing Gold Crown basketball is a commitment to your coach and teammates; a commitment we expect to be honored. If you have another sport that will win out 100% of the time conflicts arise, this is not considered honoring a commitment and will affect playing time. We expect each student-athlete to make as many practices, games, and training sessions as possible.
- If your child gets an injury during our HRHS fall or GC season, the entire fee is still due. We base our fees on a per player basis per team.
- We will not refund any fees for any reason after our first official practice and/or training session.
HRHS Gold Crown Try-Out Process
Each player will be evaluated for 170 minutes across TWO days by 4 or more coaches and/or players on commitment, effort, general attitude, skill set, and team-work. All evaluators have coaching experience, playing experience, or tenure with our Gold Crown Program. Parents are not allowed to evaluate their own children. Decisions are typically made within 48 – 72 hours (excluding weekends) and will be emailed and/or reflected on our website. However, more time may be required – we request patience and ask you not to reach out unless it has been 5 days since tryouts have concluded and no information is posted and/or emailed. If you have to reach out, please contact us via email. Per DCSD guidelines: Please do not contact Highlands Ranch athletic office regarding Gold Crown rosters and/or tryout process.
HRHS Gold Crown Season Information
- Each team will have 1-2 practices per week. Dates and times are TBA soon. Practices for all teams will begin after labor day weekend and continue until late February.
- Some coaches may wish to organize teams early fall, before Gold Crown actually starts, allowing for more time to practice and team development. Earlier practices and playing in other leagues are up to individual coaches. We understand that there are other fall sports, however some coaches hope to have as many basketball players practicing together as soon as possible. * Other leagues will require additional fees. Your coach will have details.
- Games are usually played on the weekends and are normally a double header.
- Please note, player jersey’s number will be assigned similar to the USA men’s basketball team process. This way we can avoid any jersey number conflicts among players.
- We will not play any games over the DCSD winter break!
HRHS Gold Crown Program CODE OF CONDUCT:
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents, spectators and fans. In becoming a member of our Gold Crown program, an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the organization and its participants. The essential elements in this Code of Conduct are COMMUNICATION, HONESTY, INTEGRITY and SUPPORTIVE. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to themselves, their team and our organization. It is only through such conduct that our organization can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to our community and sport.
Thank you in advance for honoring our Code of Conduct!